Books Read: Sugar | The Bone Gap | Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Illustrated) (a book with pictures) | Night Music (a book that has been left unread for far too long – 13 MONTHS!!) | The Museum of Extraordinary Things | Lily and the Octopus | The Time of My Life | The Time of Our Lives | Sofia Khan is Not Obliged | The List | Reckless | This Raging Light | Me & Earl & the Dying Girl (a book that has a movie adaptation) | Adorkable | Asylum | Darkmere | The Woman in White (a book with a strong female lead… even though Marian TECHNICALLY isn’t the main character, she’s probably the strongest female I’ve come across in Victorian fiction… She’s my woman crush.)|
1. Pink Lush baths. Slightly sad that I’ve used up my Comforter bubble bar already though…
2. Watching Friday Night Dinner AGAIN. It’s simple but amusing and oh so comforting.
3. Finished work early so I could spend more time with my boyfriend!!
4. Flowery, stripey tops from the pop-up Joules shop. Love love love.
5. We’ve started to plan out the garden. Started being the operative word…
6. Rediscovered bacon and avocado salad… it’s so simple, but tastes delicious. I think this is going to be one of those dinners that I repeat again and again until I get fed up.
7. Re-reading Harry Potter. In my Harry Potter Pyjamas. Sitting in my Harry Potter-themed book nook.
8. Went on a run and then treated myself to an hour in Costa – cup of hot chocolate, a chocolate chip cookie and a book. Perfect.
9. Got my hair cut! It’s a lot shorter than I would normally like, but it’s in good condition now and actually makes me feel like I look more sophisticated, you know?
10. MY BOY CAME HOME AGAIN!!! This one was an unscheduled visit, which made it feel even more special.
11. We had brunch in a local cafe. It’s pretty popular with his family, so we ended up bumping in to everyone there too, which was nice.
12. Valentine’s chocolates. I don’t know why, but chocolates in pretty little boxes just taste so much better…
13. I FOUND HEARTLESS IN ASDA FOR £4!!!
14. Ummm… to be honest I didn’t do anything Valentines-y… I cleaned the house instead. Oh, and I went for a run because I’m trying to convince everyone that I’m healthy.
15. Our new internet wasn’t fitted, so I took myself off to the late night shops to buy a few extra presents for my Mum and ended up finding a pinafore in the sale. Now I have 4 nearly identical pinafores in my wardrobe.
16. Hanging out with my Mummy. She’s good at perking me up after a looooong day at work!
17. I bought Friday night treats and did not eat them all in one night. That is a big step for me.
18. I DROVE ON THE MOTORWAY BY MYSELF FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2 YEARS. Achievement unlocked!
19. My Nana made Sunday lunch with CHEESEY LEEKS! I haven’t had cheesey leeks for FOREVER. *Drools*
20. I made flapjacks with nuts and fruit and DARK chocolate, instead of my usual Nutella/milk chocolate/white chocolate combination. They were good, and made me feel KIND OF healthy! (Also I now have about 6 bars in my freezer…)
21. I wrote a love letter to my boy. It was awkward, but nice.
22. PYJAMA DAY at nursery!! I wore my sausage dog pyjamas and dressing gown… just what you need when you have a cold!
23. Was feeling a bit miserable when an car crash meant I couldn’t get to my Mum’s street, and then PB rang to tell me his leave had been cancelled… but then he told me he was coming home for a day this weekend instead. Yay!!
24. Dominoes with my boy! Also, the military discount is almost worth the distress of him being away for weeks and weeks… Yeah, not really.
25. A midday Lush bath. I used Lover Lamp for the first time, and it was okay. Not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed… white water is boring!
26. Sunday lunch with PB’s parents. They bought my favourite ice cream and are going to help me set up the garden next week. EXCITING!!